Sunday, April 1, 2012

Busy

Heather and I were back in Saint Louis last week trying to get some stuff done on the property. It was an exhausting week that did not allow much time to see friends but we got a lot done. We also found some really neat stuff. These are some of my favorites.

This is an autographed picture of John Wayne that was written for my father in-law.

This box of Lionel trains was really neat to go through. My own father had a set just like this and he gave me the locomotive and transformer. We never got along so I sold them both a few years later to get the money together that I needed to get my 1968 Camaro insured and on the road.

I found this in the barn. I think it's awesome. I'll get it cleaned up. It's never been open.

We quickly peeked into another barn on the property and found this. This was given to the family by the Falstaff Brewery and it hung in the bar in the 1930's or so. I brought this home and am going to try to bring some life back into it. My sister in-law has a bar in her basement and it would look cool in there. If she doesn't want it then I may hang it in the garage or sell it.

This is a neat piece. It's a bench vise made by Prentiss. I believe this one is from the very early 1900's. It's in great shape and the jaws close nice and flat and the handle is straight as an arrow. Not sure what I'm going to do with this. It's a #52 (non-swivel base model). I've seen these sell for a decent amount. I may clean it up but I kind of like all of the patina on it. I may keep it and use it but it is huge.

No comments: