Saturday, April 3, 2010

Old dryer...round 2

Heather wanted to take the van down to Colorado Springs and buy a new dryer today but I am not quite ready to admit defeat just yet. After taking the dryer apart further than I did the last time, I noticed a small area where the drum rubs on the front panel. A few blows with a rather large hammer and we have more clearance Clarence. While I had it all pulled apart this time I decided to reconnect the wires and override the door switch so I could watch it run and see the internals. As soon as I started it up, this little guy got spit out of the internal tube and onto the floor. He wasn't in the flexible tube that exits the house but the solid one inside the dryer that connects to the motor. The dogs loved it. He must be a chiRpmunk. Looks like he's been there for a long time. Not sure how he got himself in there. The cover on the outside of the house is all in tact but he probably got in when it wasn't. Poor bastard's been getting cooked all these years. I also found out that one of the heating elements was broken so I repaired that and now we're operating at full heat capacity. We'll probably get a few more months out of it now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yuk yuk yuk, or maybe ha ha??