Saturday, April 17, 2010

Complaints

1. If there was something about me I could change it used to always be my hair situation. Long flowing, golden locks would be kinda sweet. However...I'm over the hair thing now and I think I'd like to trade in my teeth. I brush and floss after every meal. I carry floss in both vehicles, my fishing backpack and it's in my desk drawer at work. Yet I still have teeth that rot away right before my very eyes after drinking bottled water. About a year ago I went to my dentist to have him grind out the majority of a tooth that had literally been crumbling to bits and then put a crown on. In the process he almost cut my tongue off when he "slipped" with the grinder tool. It appears that the rest of the tooth is dying off now as I'm in pain. Obviously, I can't go back to him so now I'm trying to figure out what the hell to do. In the meantime, I'll just deal with the headache and neck pain that seems to be radiating from that one tooth until it gets bad enough where I'm forced to go in for a procedure.

2. Several months ago, we had the fish hook incident where I was being charged 500 clams because an out of network doctor worked on me at an in network health care provider. I thought I was in the clear with that one but this week I got a letter from a collections agency that wants the loot. I wonder how many people out there simply give up on fights like this and write a check instead of sticking to their guns?

3. I fired up Ron Burgundy the other day because I felt like driving him to run some errands. When I went back out I was greeted, once again, by the distinct and pungent smell of gasoline. Immediately I ran back to the motor and popped the boot so I could see where I'd be working on later. I was greeted with a gasoline fountain of sorts. Multiple leaks all spraying with gusto. It was like I was in front of the Bellagio in Vegas. The fact that I don't have a pot to piss in makes it even more similar. I haven't looked at it since.

4. The Avalanche lost game 2 last night but it was one of the most spectacular games I've seen in a long time. They're back in Denver for game 3 on Sunday. Playoff hockey is the best and that series is now tied at 1 a piece.

Good karma has got to be just around the corner. I don't like to talk about a deal before it's done but I think I may have found a way to gain access to some private still water that holds some of the biggest fish that I think I'll ever have the opportunity to sight cast to. That's all I'm saying for now but I want you to think about trophy quality fish and I'm not kidding. If this deal comes through....one of you readers is gonna be very happy. I've seen pictures of the fish pulled from this area and I often lie awake at night giddy and planning on how to make this come to fruition. I'm almost there.

No comments: