Sunday, April 25, 2010

Manliness

With the playoffs really heating up (all but the Colorado series that is) I'm beginning to question my manhood more than I normally would. I was unable to find any pictures of the evidence but you can Google it. First up is ex-Avalanche superstar Ian Laperrier. Even though he's now with the Flyers he's still one of the greats. He blocks Paul Martins slapshot the other night in the first period and ends up taking it just above the right eye. Heads back to the locker room for surgery and is back for the third period. What a stud. Next up (and perhaps the most difficult for me) is Jaromir Jagr. This guy takes a high stick to the mouth. I'm pretty sure he lost a few teeth but he definitely had to head back to the locker room and have a root canal done. He wanted to return to the game but the staff told him no. I'm guessing he did NOT get the gas. Last up is Eric Belanger. This guy takes a nasty high stick and loses some teeth. The ice workers found several during intermission. Belanger pulls one of them out on his own when he makes it to the bench. Then they send him back to the locker room for about 70 stitches to the gums and lips. In all I think he lost 8 teeth. Good stuff this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I didn't know you were such a hockey fan. We'll have to go to some Blues games when you get back in town. Have you picked up the new car yet?

Bogs

Chris said...

Need to get your email Bogs. Send it to me at cneumann2000@yahoo will ya?