Tuesday, October 21, 2008

vehicles

Dan, TK, and myself were recently talking about vehicles and, specifically, some of the ones we've owned through the years and the various noises they made (TK) or how many headlights they were missing (me). Now I've owned some real gems over the years but since I moved out here I have migrated to the 4x4 scene and I've had my Jeep longer than any other vehicle I've owned. I love it. It's way more than I need. I'm terrified to go on the trails that it really belongs on but it gets me to any fishing or camping spot I want and, knock on wood, it's been the most reliable thing I've had. Until yesterday. I had a feeling the problem was with the rear driveshaft so I pulled it last night. I looked at it today when I got home and found one of the u joints was grenaded. I should have that rebuilt tomorrow and then while I'm there I'll rebuild the front shaft next. The weather people are calling for a pretty decent storm starting right now so hanging in the garage will be cool. Currently we have an inch of snow.

No comments: