Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy

Not much time left to prep for this weekends 12 hour race. Last week I took a full 4 days off the bike and then the next time I got on it was at the start in Crested Butte. Not a good idea and my legs told me so for 70 miles. So I've been working pretty hard since I got back but I don't want to over do it. Dan always says it's better to come in a bit under than to be a bit over. I did an old 20/40 workout Friday after school and followed that up with 3, 5 minute strength intervals. Yesterday I got in 3, 10 minute power intervals and finished just as the cold rain started to fall. Today I slept in until almost 10 and then worked on grad school stuff until 8:30 tonight stopping only to eat and use the bathroom. I really wanted to get in another interval workout tonight but the little Dan inside my head is saying maybe I shouldn't. So I think I'll just stretch really good and then I've got another night ride planned for tomorrow. I still need to get my lights sorted out. The setup I brought with me on the CT was great but I rode very liesurely and I think it's gonna be faster next weekend. Can't wait to see my buddies TK and Dan and whoever else shows up in Potosi that I haven't talked to in a while.

No comments: