Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CTR pictures and write up

Well I spent the first part of the day cleaning my road bike up. I am going to shift gears (literally) and spend a good chunk of time on that thing now. Because Ghisallo Sports is based in St. Louis, they really don't see much benefit in helping me out as much as they did. So...I'm going to try and use what fitness I have to go back and race the Gateway Cup for them. For those that don't know, the Gateway Cup is probably the biggest road event in the midwest (next to Superweek). Friday night is the twilight crit in Lafayette Square. Saturday is Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis. Sunday is the Giro della Montagna and Sunday is in U City. I was never a fabulous crit rider but I do believe I probably have more base mileage in that most will in my category. If I stay hidden in the field I might be able to wind up ok in the end.  

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on a new site that kind of documents the CTR. Check it out and let me know what you think. 

2 comments:

Jim said...

I really like the pictures and the stories!

When you get time, add more to the stories as you reminisce about your trip.

Unknown said...

Great stuff. I'm impressed you had the endurance to take photos along the way. I am considering getting into this type of craziness next year. It helps to see photos of the adventure...