Wednesday, March 14, 2012

News

I finally got my x-ray results today. I'm sitting there and the doctor tells me that there were some issues found so it's no wonder I'm in pain every day. It seems there is significant calcification in the area of C2-C7 and some of it is believed to be on nerves. So the next step will be to go to another doctor to have him do an MRI and then look at doing shots or things like that. If that doesn't work then it will likely be surgery. This terrifies me.

What terrifies me more is what he calmly told me next. While looking over the x-rays, they happened to see what looks an awful lot like a partial blockage in my left carotid artery. He says, "I haven't seen that in 20 years but I'm wrong at least once each day."

Shouldn't that have been the first thing he told me about? So now I've been told to take it very easy until they can get me in for another test to check that out. What concerns me the most is that I know my cholesterol was checked about 3 years ago and it was extremely high. I had it checked again several months later and it was good but....I'm a bit worried.

No comments: