Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recent Happenings

For about a week now, my neck issue has flared up again in a big way. Two nights ago I thought I was going to puke from the pain. I finally got in to see my doctor today. He thinks the degenerative issues with the discs continues to get worse in my old age. Like Raylan Givens says, "Gettin' old aint for pussies." So I go back to see the spinal folks again soon here to talk about getting another Cortisone injection but I don't know that I wanna do that every nine months. In the meantime, I am on some pain killers and muscle relaxers so I can sleep. Surgery really can't fix this issue so...it may be time for me to consider what bike riding looks like from now on. Not exactly sure how I feel about this. We'll see. 

I have 2 more days at my current teaching job and then it's summer break. After 8 years with this current district, I will now call Academy 20 School District home from now on. I am very excited about this move. I simply no longer agree with the direction in which Woodland Park is heading in with regard to my students and I can no longer support it. I got a very good impression from the new administration during the interview and, since then, have heard amazing things about them. I have a half day tomorrow at Woodland but the principals at the new school I will be at (Timberview) asked me to come down for a tour. They also asked if I would come down on their last day next week (my vacation) and be introduced to their staff and join them for lunch so that on the first day, I would feel more a part of the team. Can't wait. 

And finally...I don't know that I have ever blogged about an issue with the green Subaru. She is Ole Reliable. 274,000 and going strong. She recently started giving me trouble in the way of overheating. I do not know yet if it's truly overheating or if I am dealing with a gauge, sending unit, or wiring issue (which is the way I'm leaning right now based upon the symptoms). I have some stuff on order and will be working on it this weekend and will post more about that. At this point, I feel like I simply have to see 300,000 on the odometer so this has to get sorted. People that know me think I will run right out and get a new car with this new job but I really do like the green Subie and would like to hang on to it for another year or two. I have also thought that it would make the perfect rallycross car and I've been interested in exploring that for a while now but I don't know if I want 4 cars in the driveway. Shuffling 3 is bad enough. 

That's it for now. Very excited for this next chapter in life and to see what it brings. Thanks for checking in. 

No comments: