Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weekend Update

The kitchen resto project is coming along nicely. Here you can see this first area that I started on is finally done with new brushed hardware. I'm pretty happy with how it's  coming along. Never mind the mess.  


While working on things last Friday night I enjoyed this delicious ale from the folks at Lagunitas. One of the nicest beers I've had in a while.


This is a picture of the frames on the other side of the kitchen with the first coat of the second step of the project done.


In other news, I love to work out but I've been struggling lately. As of last week I was doing 10 minute intervals but I knew the really cold weather was coming. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this summer. I'm sure I'll do a few longer races (I already signed up for the Salida Big Friggin Loop again and lately I've been spending a good bit of time studying the map and reports of the Kokopelli Trail and I'm intrigued about doing an ITT along the route). I am for sure going to do some more backpacking and back country fly fishing. I have also been spending some time on 14ers dot com. Anyway...I looked at P90X and considered getting it but ended up getting Insanity. Yesterday was day 6. It's a ton of cardio and it is super hard. I don't really need to lose weight but I'm curious to see what the results will be after 60 days. If I decide to climb some 14ers (which is something I want to do this summer) then I should be in real good shape for it. Heather has been joining me and she's a tenacious little MFer. It's been really fun.


And finally...I turn the big 4-0 today. I'm not sure how we're gonna spend it. We talked about having some people over for a Wii throw down. We talked about dinner. Right now I'm gonna for an easy ride around town and then I may work for a bit on the kitchen before we go out later on for dinner with some good friends.

No comments: