Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Craziness!!

Yes...today I woke up and I was 40. I'm talking about the time I woke up in the morning and not the time I woke up from my afternoon nap. It happened so damn fast. I'll say this: I don't feel 40. We've been doing the Insanity workout program for a week now. As I said before...it is very hard. It's a bunch of plyometric stuff and it completely flips your traditional interval training. In this workout you go super hard for 10 minutes and then you get a 30 second break before you go again. Most workouts last 30-40 minutes. During the intervals my heart rate has been up in the mid 180's which is really high for me. I'll admit the first few days were frustrating and I did have to take some breaks and watch how hard I was going but the last 2 nights I've felt great. Today was supposed to be a rest day but it was nice out and I decided to go for a small ride around town. Pretty soon I found myself on some hills and noticed that I was going way harder/faster than ever before and even had to stop to make sure that I hadn't swapped cogs on my singlespeed. Nope. Still running 32x20. I should have asked for an 18 and 19 tooth cog for my birthday. I did get a sweet gift but it hasn't gotten here yet so more on that later. I haven't considered doing a cross country race in eons but maybe I will this spring just to see how things go. I have 50 more days of Insanity though and I hear it only gets harder.




No comments: