Saturday, October 1, 2011

Heather and I made a commitment that, with her new job, we were going to really try to take advantage of our surroundings and do more fun stuff on the weekends. Too many times, we just end up staying in and say, "We'll do that next weekend" and that never happens. We were going to go over to Crested Butte today but I knew I wouldn't be able to drive past the Taylor River below the dam and not stop. So we headed over to Breckenridge.

How's your Aspen? The ones on the way up Wilkerson Pass were in full, golden effect.

As we made our way out of Alma and up Hoosier Pass, this nasty storm was brewin'.

This is actually just outside of Fairplay.

Heather said I could stop and fish a few spots if I wanted to so I brought along the 5 weight.



We grabbed some food and a few beers downstairs at Eric's and then did some shopping. I stopped by to see the boys at Breckenridge Outfitters. The flows on the Blue River as it flows right through town were probably in the mid-30's but the water was perfectly gin clear.

No comments: