Sunday, December 27, 2009

Today I was going to go down and do the incline but then I realized that my spikes (kinda like Yak Trax but with screws) are in the van. So I decided to do a trail that I actually hike with my bike a lot in the summer. This trail had no sun on it and I got cold so I decided to find a trail that was facing west.A few minutes later and I started hiking up. I eventually popped out on this little ridge. The singletrack is nice but it's rough in the summer.


Pikes Peak looked like it was still getting some snow up on top.

Anyone know what this thing is? It's on the top of a smaller mountain. There's a little door on top of that cement slab.

This is the trail as it climbs up to the ridge. Once up there, the trail goes to the left and right.

This is what I'm frying up tomorrow morning to put in my eggs. Then I'll be driving up to DEnver AGAIN to see if my van is still there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The U pipe looks like a 'air' vent on a water pipe. Ie: when water flows in a pipe it pushes the air, hence the air vent. The concrete vault looks like a valve/pipe maintenance/inspection access. It's most likely part of a water delivery system. You can see these same things (various sizes) all over the Front Range mtns, all over the Western Rockies for that matter. Water delivery is life in the west….

Chris said...

That makes perfect sense. I knew you'd know what that was. Thanks Marshal.

It always amazes me to think about how workers drill through these hard mountains for trains, mining, or this.