Friday, March 29, 2013

Fish Slime

I got out again today and decided to just head back down to Deckers since I can make it there in about 25 minutes from the house. After coffee was downed and waders were dawned, I made my way to the river. Just like the other day, I was seeing a lot of fish right away and it didn't take long before I was hooked up with a Rainbow. Most of the fish landed today were in the 12-14 range but they were actively feeding. Things are starting to happen but we need water or it will be an ugly summer. 

This is one of the leanest fish I've seen in a while. I don't think this thing ever knew it was hooked even when I was holding it. Hardly fought at all. 

This was during a break.


This section is pretty skinny with a few deeper holes here and there. A lot of fish were set up in the shallow riffles and midges were very productive.


I couldn't help but take a peek under the bridge on my way out again today. I can't seem to pass up the chance to throw streamers. I rigged up and looked under again. This bridge is really tight. Even in the water, you would have to duck down quite a bit to get under it so getting a cast in is tough. As I was looking in, I could see a fish busting the surface while feeding. I got giddy and started casting. The only way to make it work is to use a crazy side arm cast and it's gotta be super fast each way to keep the fly off the water and to keep it form hitting the side of the bridge too. I can almost cast it all the way in but need to feed in some line. After one twitch I was hooked up. This one wasn't quite as nice as the one from the other day but I'll take it. I know there are bigger fish hiding there.


Spring Break is almost over now and then it's back to work. On Monday I have an interview with another district. I'm excited and hope it goes well. I need to iron my Garanimals.

No comments: