Friday, March 28, 2008

Road trip

Well we loaded up and headed to St. Louis for Spring Break this past week to see friends and family. The last time I was in St. Louis was about 2 years ago and I absolutely hated the entire trip. I spent my days dealing with a ridiculous oil leak coming from the rear main seal area of my Jeep that resulted in me having to drop the oil pan AGAIN to inspect/install a new gasket in the crazy heat of summer. Needless to say there wasn't much time for me to see anyone during that trip and I couldn't wait to get back to Colorado. This trip was so much more fun. I saw lots of friends and visited my fiances family. I gotta tell ya...I haven't laughed as much as I did during the past four days in a long time. We live in a tiny little town up in the mountains and, while it is beautiful, we generally don't get to hang out with other couples or friends all that much so it was really refreshing. I never ever thought I'd say this but...I was actually quite sad to leave town and got a little emotional. Thank you Adam, Mary, Mya, Morgan, and most of all...Simon...for allowing us to take over your basement and eat those wonderful Donettes in the morning.

One of the reasons we drove to St. Louis was to visit my good friends at Ghisallo Sports in Chesterfield, Missouri so that I could get the bike that I will be using for the Colorado Trail Race all sorted out. Today we drove the thousand or so miles back to Colorado and, with all that time in the car to think, I still can't really come up with anything else to say other than, "Wow" when I look at the bike. I knew it was going to be a killer bike but it far exceeded my expectations. I'll post some photos of the frame and the completed bike. The frame alone came in at 2.97 pounds. and the entire bike was 24.86 pounds. I'm thrilled to be riding this thing. Before I move on to the pics I just wanted to say thank you to Devlin, Anthony, Sparky, Olivia, Mitch, and most of all...my dear friend Tim and his lovely wife Deanna for allowing me, Heather and my bag of food to visit the shop almost daily. You all have no idea what your kindness means to me.












No comments: